USVI: 43-year-old man arrested after minor reports sexual assault
CHRISTIANSTED, St Croix, USVI — A Christiansted, US Virgin Islands (USVI) resident was arrested on Friday, February 20, 2026, for sexual assault of a minor following a report from a woman who recently reached the age of majority.
The young woman came to police last Friday, and told officers that she had been assaulted last August by Francis Capone. Capone, the woman said, had been a longtime friend of the family, and had babysat her many times over the years.
On the night of her assault, the woman said that she had gone to the beach with Capone, a common activity for her. She recounted how her father had even wished her a good time at the beach with “Mr Francis.” The then-17-year-old girl and the 43-year-old man strolled along the beach for a while, until Capone reportedly began confessing his attraction to the teenager he had known all her life.
Victim 'froze'
The woman told police that the confession escalated into unwanted touching. She said she froze when Capone kissed her, describing the moment as shocking, given his longstanding relationship with her family. According to court documents, he reportedly told her what he was doing was “normal and natural” and urged her to remain silent because people “would not understand.”
The young woman returned home distraught, but was afraid to tell her father what had happened. Not knowing what had upset his crying daughter, the father advised her to bring her concerns to Capone.
In the days that followed, the woman said she returned to Capone’s home, hoping for an apology or acknowledgment that what he did was inappropriate. She said neither was forthcoming; instead, she alleged that the unwanted contact continued and escalated to additional sexual acts. On subsequent occasions, she told police that the contact escalated further. Eventually, she stopped going to his house and later confided in her best friend that she was avoiding him because of inappropriate behaviour.
Accused admits to 'kissing' victim
Police contacted Capone this week, and he presented himself at the Wilbur H. Francis Command Police station on Thursday. He admitted to kissing the then-teen on the beach, reportedly ascribing the action to him being “in a state of meditation.” He denied the additional allegations, blaming the young woman’s mother for influencing her in this way.
He was arrested and charged with second-degree rape, aggravated second-degree rape, first-degree assault, and first-degree unlawful sexual contact and, unable to post the initial $75,000 bail requirement, was remanded into custody.
Capone’s first court appearance was scheduled for Friday before Magistrate Yolan Brow Ross, but court records indicate that the hearing has been continued until Monday, February 23, 2026.


1.png)


_04.gif)

1.png)

2.png)
_03.gif)









2_01.jpg)













Leave a Reply