Got TIPS or BREAKING NEWS? Please call 1-284-442-8000 or Email ALL news to:newsvino@outlook.com; ads call 1-284-440-6666

UPDATE: Robbery trio found guilty

- Sentencing hearing set for June 26, 2015
[L-R] Doyle Guishard, Samuel Harris and Denzil Wheatley have been found guilty for aggravated burglary allegedly committed at Vanterpool’s Estate in March 2013. Photo: VINO/File
ROAD TOWN, Tortola, VI – A jury moments ago May 1, 2015 found the trio of Doyle Guishard, Denzil Wheatley and Samuel Harris guilty of aggravated burglary committed in 2013.

The crime had allegedly took place in Vanterpool’s Estate in March 2013. According to the allegations, Alnando Fahie was in bed on March 15, 2013 at about 12:30 A.M. at his home but was still awake when he heard a noise at the front section of the house.

Fahie reportedly did nothing at the time of hearing the noise but shortly after there was a pounding or booming sound at the front door and he then noticed that two men had entered the home and approached where he was and began demanding money.

According to the allegations, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) footage from a nearby convenience store also picked up three gentlemen [Wheatley, Guishard and Harris] walking towards Fahie’s residence; including one with a metal object. The footage also captured the same three men when they were leaving the direction of Fahie’s residence which was reportedly at the same time of the robbery.

Earlier this week the jury visited the scene of the alleged aggravated burglary.

Sentencing hearing begins on June 26, 2015 before Judge Nicola Byer.

See article published April 28, 2015

As the High Court trial continues for Doyle Guishard, Samuel Harris and Denzil Wheatley, on the charges of aggravated burglary, the Jury today April 28, 2015 requested to visit the crime scene so they could be able to get a true picture of how the area is situated.

Jury to visit 2013 crime scene 

Following the request by the Jury Foreman, Judge Nicola Byer granted it and the visit by the Jury will be made tomorrow morning April 29, 2015.

The crime allegedly took place in Vanterpool’s Estate in March 2013. According to the allegations, Alnando Fahie was in bed on March 15, 2013 at about 12:30 A.M. at his home but was still awake when he heard a noise at the front section of the house.

Fahie reportedly did nothing at the time of hearing the noise but shortly after there was a pounding or booming sound at the front door and he then noticed that two men had entered the home and approached where he was and began demanding money.

One of the men reportedly approached with a gun and the other with a steel object.

The man with the gun allegedly said: “Where the money? Don’t’ look up. You think we playing?”

Fahie attempted to move at that time and the gentleman with the metal object allegedly struck him on his left arm. The two men then asked Fahie to roll over on his stomach and he complied and told them that there was money ($265) under his mattress. After taking two phones valued over $400, the men reportedly made their escape from the home.

Fahie’s nephew had been alerted to the commotion unknowingly to the intruders while they were in the home and he observed when his uncle was face down on his stomach when one of the men pointed what appeared to be a gun at him (Fahie). The nephew also allegedly observed one of the men with a steel object when he was about the leave the home.

CCTV captured footage of alleged robbers

According to the allegations, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) footage from a nearby convenience store also picked up three gentlemen [Wheatley, Guishard and Harris] walking towards Fahie’s residence; including one with a metal object. The footage also captured the same three men when they were leaving the direction of Fahie’s residence which was reportedly at the same time of the robbery.

Police were notified and an investigation was started where it was revealed that Fahie received a fractured left arm from the blow. Footage from the convenience store had been shown to Guishard and he allegedly identified himself and the two other accused.

Harris and Wheatley were later met by officers and informed of the report against them and made no reply. They were cautioned and asked to conduct audio/visual interviews but allegedly refused.

“I will allow the visit. I envisage that there will be no difficulties,” said Judge Byer. She noted that it would be necessary for members of the Jury to see where various buildings were in relation to one another and also in relation to the security cameras that allegedly recorded footage of the three men on the day in question.

9 Responses to “UPDATE: Robbery trio found guilty”

  • Outlaw (01/05/2015, 16:25) Like (8) Dislike (1) Reply

    Send them @$$ to jail for a very long time, sent of sick young men who set about to rob people of their hard earn living.

    • death (01/05/2015, 17:49) Like (0) Dislike (14) Reply

      Talk that f%#@!!! Put up yo name man.

      • ha (07/05/2015, 20:30) Like (1) Dislike (0) Reply
        @ death. Put up your name too coward and what death? Only for you and them. Ha! Justice will been served. Ha.
  • wize up (01/05/2015, 16:50) Like (29) Dislike (0) Reply
    All 3 need a proper cut @&&......
  • yes (01/05/2015, 17:24) Like (9) Dislike (0) Reply
    I think this case was a waste of time, to have jurors them there to say they are guilty, when the cameras alone saw the dogggssssss. i was giving them 12 to 15 years each, if redhead was here 20yrs...............a lesson learn
  • Boo (01/05/2015, 19:10) Like (9) Dislike (0) Reply
    This Wheatley boy always in some foolishness.
  • Shemp (01/05/2015, 20:19) Like (6) Dislike (1) Reply
    Larry, Curly and Moe
  • Truth (01/05/2015, 20:40) Like (2) Dislike (0) Reply
    Somebody eat the cheese
  • xxxxxxxx (01/05/2015, 21:33) Like (1) Dislike (3) Reply
    Yawn!


Create a comment


Create a comment

Disclaimer: Virgin Islands News Online (VINO) welcomes your thoughts, feedback, views, bloggs and opinions. However, by posting a blogg you are agreeing to post comments or bloggs that are relevant to the topic, and that are not defamatory, liable, obscene, racist, abusive, sexist, anti-Semitic, threatening, hateful or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be excluded permanently from making contributions. Please view our declaimer above this article. We thank you in advance for complying with VINO's policy.

Weather


Follow Us On

Disclaimer: All comments posted on Virgin Islands News Online (VINO) are the sole views and opinions of the commentators and or bloggers and do not in anyway represent the views and opinions of the Board of Directors, Management and Staff of Virgin Islands News Online and its parent company.